Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My next trick...

I'm busy prepping my bike and stuff to head on down to Durango for SSWC'09 and as I'm looking at it, I've got a lot of things I want to fit into that small saddle bag.

2 tubes- a 26", a 29"
Patch kit
2 tire levers
A wrench (bolt on rear wheel)
A pocket tool, complete with chain tool
CO2 blaster and 3 cartridges
2 Clif Shots- back up to a gel flask.

I put some fresh rubber on the wheels tonight- WTB Wierwolf LT 29 2.55 version for the front and a WTB Mutano Raptor 2.4 for the back. Both are really high volume which should provide some shock absorbtion on a fully rigid bike. I like the Mutano based on my experience with it on my Golden Willow so we will see how it handles on a different set up. I just need some fresh brake pads and I should be set, at least for gear- the course reports are looking brutal.

No comments: