Saturday, August 13, 2011

Breck Epic Packing

Every item has a specific purpose and has been thought about as I've packed up for Breck Epic, which starts tomorrow morning.



Aid station bags will have almost identical spare parts, including shoes, a tube, a tire, sunglasses, and clothing. Nutritional items (not pictured) will vary, with more food in the first aid station bag.

I've toiled between a saddle bag and backpack. It was not until I purchased the Ergon BX-2 pack that I've enjoyed riding/racing with a pack but due to the nature of the Breck Epic, I'm carrying a few extra items I wouldn't normally carry for a race like a rain jacket and a first aid kit so I've opted for the pack. At least today, I'm thinking when it gets to hiking up some of the passed and steep climbs I'd Thayer have a bit more weight on my back than have to be pushing stuff strapped to my bike.

Jerseys- not enough for a fresh one everyday, which means I'll be doing some laundry, but one is Boulder Cycle Sport's current year kit and then I have a slew of older jerseys as backup.
these are my more sport specific personal care items like chamois cream and SportLegs. I do have a tube of diaper rash cream as I had a few saddle sores earlier this season and it's worked well with healing. It also subs in for chamois cream well (just a very thick one).

These are my recovery tools. I've been using a foam roller since my knee surgery in 2003 left me with IT band issues and the TP Therapy Grid has taken rolling to a new level. It is much more firm than a standard foam roller and the pattern does affect how it works my muscles.

No comments: