Friday, April 8, 2011

30 Days Update

Tuesday, April 5: An early morning mountain bike workout which included six 6 minute intervals in my zone 3 effort. This was my first set of any kind of intervals this season so even though it was a lower effort than one tends to think about for an interval training workout, I definitely could feel it later in the day. One challenge I tend to have with endurance racing is keeping my heart rate high on the descents as to prevent my body from going into too much of a recovery effort and I think that this workout and the course that I used gave me good practice at keeping my heart rate up, even while descending at other speeds. if I am able to keep my heart rate up, it makes returning to cruising and climbing pace easier (or at leat it feels that way to me).

Wednesday, April 6: 2 laps arounds the parking lot on my singlespeed. I rolled out of the garage late in the evening to grab the mail and then took a quick spin in the parking lot.

Thursday, April 7: Suspension testing on the Trek Fuel EX 8. This sounds a whole lot fancier than it really was actually. After getting home from work at almost 11pm, I twisted the rebound dials on both the front and rear suspension to try them out in a different position to try and balance out the feeling on the bike. It's a work in progress to get that bike dialed in and it will require much more time than the one lap around the parking lot I gave tonight.

No comments: