Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hotter than Hades

My SSWC 2009 official rig. It's a Surly 1x1 with a Karate Monkey fork allowing me to run it as a 69'er. I might change out the tires to run a WTB set-up but can't decide on the right tires (Mutano and a Prowler or Wierwolf 29er?). I took it out for about two hours to begin dialing it in for the SSWC in Durango. It's a bit hard to get used to having raced Bionicon Golden Willow 6" full suspension bike all summer.

Denver tied its record high temperature today at 98 degrees. That makes for one toasty ride. I still had some energy afterwards so I headed out for a 30 minute run. A two hour ride and a half hour run in this weather caused me to lose 6-7 pounds in water weight. Yeesh.

One of the more frustrating, but necessary parts of the front range trail systems. You've got to keep those cattle in line.

No comments: